As you will have heard, Perth and Kinross will be moving to Protection Level 3 on Friday 13 November.
The main additional restrictions that will be in place are:
- Pupils in S4-S6 will be required to wear face coverings in class as well as in communal areas.
- Pupils in S1-S3 will be encouraged to wear face coverings in class.
- Pubs, restaurants and cafes will close at 6pm. No alcohol can be served on the premises and patrons must be seated to eat and drink. Takeaway food and alcohol is still permitted.
- Public transport should only be used for essential travel.
- Only essential travel is permitted into or out of a Level 3 area:
- There are exemptions for people who need to travel into, or out of, their area for essential work, education, shopping or health reasons. If you have a medical appointment which requires travel into or out of your area then you can attend this.
- Travel into or out of your area is permitted for shared parenting or to attend weddings and funerals.
- You can travel into or out of your area between the two parts of an extended household, to provide care and assistance to a vulnerable person, or to avoid injury, illness or to escape a risk of harm.
If you or one of your team has an underlying health condition, you will already have in place individual risk assessments. You should continue to review these in light of the change in protection level, to ensure that the control measures are adequate and to agree on any further control measures that may be required. This link to the template and guidance on assessing the risks should assist you.